Questionable Tactics By Boat Crash Investigators!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Questionable Tactics By Boat Crash Investigators!

CLEAR LAKE, Calif., Aug. 23, 2007 (KGO) - A powerboat driven by the number two official in the Lake County Sheriff's Department slammed into a sailboat at night, killing a woman, and it's the man steering the sailboat who's facing manslaughter charges. The case heads to court next week.

Watch the video!!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=i_team&id=5599286

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Human Nature/the nature of the beast

:soapbox:
REALLY, REALLY BAD quagmire. Nobody mentioned the "HEADLIGHTS" on the powerboat!!! I've spent many nights out on the boat and I learned long ago to keep ONE ear tuned into what's going on. It's not like a powerboat @ full throttle can sneak up on you!!! After a number of near misses long ago, my NIGHT BLASTER is never far away. I just give them a "look" @ least 200yds. out, guaranteed change of course!! Sounds like "everybody" was thinking about something else. Too bad the cops are turning a deaf ear, @ best.

I've never been able to figure out the "go fast" boys, especially @ night. The only time MY powerboat is on plane, at night, is if I can run down the reflection of the moon on the water, or have good backlighting from the city lights. I did do one predawn run on Lake Michigan 8mi. out to the fishing grounds @ 35, 2 sets of eyeballs peering into the inky black, never again, too freaky. Your "night vision" is compromised by the dashboard lights(they didn't mention that either)

I recall a conversation w/ a "go faster" in a marina bar on Erie. Three sheets to the wind, he was "really glad" he had just had his autopilot installed last week. He had a 30mi /45min. run back to Toledo that night!

Try driving your car @ 45 on a dark night w/o lights!!! What the HELL are these people thinking, or drinking????:headb:

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Read Lat 38 for the full report on this mess.
It is, at least so far, a white wash and a coverup.
I hope that the state intervenes, and soon.

Loren in PDX

sleather

Sustaining Member
:mad: I'm not sure I want to know where this ends up. The KGO people deserve a "thumbs up" for the coverage!!!

Lat 38????