Question for Portland/ Vancouver area owners- Do you have a lead on diver bottom cleaners?

Traveler7

Member II
Hi All PNW members! Checking back in after moving my boat from Calameth to Portland and I want to get a diver to clean and inspect the bottom for me. I'm at Hayden Bay Marina. I'll add some pics of the boat too if you are interested. I am a heretic with a 1975 C&C 33 Mk1, but she's kind of a classic so I hope you don't mind me hanging out here with you all.

IMG_2679.jpgIMG_2678.jpg70562014890__AD5F9563-7BB7-41EF-B9A1-985C24938456.jpg70562388294__13F3E50B-1FF6-4CE4-9CC0-A24A7BFF6EF5.jpgIMG_3789.jpgIMG_5463.jpgIMG_5462.jpgIMG_5452.jpg

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Nice boat! We considered a C&C 33 prior to buying our 30+. I don't know any divers but will be interested to hear who others recommend. Clean bottom is a must here with the current so I need to find a diver as well. I just had the boat hauled at McCuddy's DIY yard and refreshed the bottom paint. Great yard and staff. I couldn't get over 4.5 knots before pressure wash and bottom paint, made about 6 after. Hit 11knots SOG on the way downriver at one point!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
See if Terry Truan is available. Nice guy with decades of diving experience. He does about one boat per day, and will not try to work where there is much current. If you are in one of the bays on the Island he might be able to help you. ‭(503) 806-2995‬. Texting is encouraged. Cash only, and he's reasonable. So reasonable that most of us throw in a tip.
Did that yellow C&C used to have a name painted on each flank? It looks familiar, but from the early 80's....

Traveler7

Member II
Nice boat! We considered a C&C 33 prior to buying our 30+. I don't know any divers but will be interested to hear who others recommend. Clean bottom is a must here with the current so I need to find a diver as well. I just had the boat hauled at McCuddy's DIY yard and refreshed the bottom paint. Great yard and staff. I couldn't get over 4.5 knots before pressure wash and bottom paint, made about 6 after. Hit 11knots SOG on the way downriver at one point!
Yeah, I was going to haul out the 26th, but my brother got a hernia and I am in ASA 101 and then 103 classes for all the days until Monday so no time. Hoping a diver can clean me up and give me a report.

Traveler7

Member II
See if Terry Truan is available. Nice guy with decades of diving experience. He does about one boat per day, and will not try to work where there is much current. If you are in one of the bays on the Island he might be able to help you. ‭(503) 806-2995‬. Texting is encouraged. Cash only, and he's reasonable. So reasonable that most of us throw in a tip.
Did that yellow C&C used to have a name painted on each flank? It looks familiar, but from the early 80's....
It may have, but the hull was dark blue originally and someone from the Yacht Club owned it originally. Thanks for the info- I will try him!