Pressure water system pump

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
I have an E-28+ with a dying pressure water system pump. Does anyone have any suggestions on sources for a replacement pump, or any particular advice on its replacement? I'm pretty handy but don't want to get in over my head, so to speak. Thanks

EGregerson

Member III
pump

I replaced my pump 3 years ago; went with a west marine unit; i theenk it puts out 2.4 gal / min; it's still running strong. they're not as complicated as you might think at 1st blush; line in; line out; wire in / wire out, pretty much. I like that it's self priming, and has an integrated switch. So it shuts off when you shut off the water; you don't have to go to the elect panel to turn it off.
So how much is a "decent" bottle of scotch?

CSMcKillip

A good single malt 12 yr bottle could go from 30 bucks to over 100.00:p I just googles a 25 yr bottle for over $7200.00

Last edited:

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
I installed a Jabsco Sensor Max VSD pump in my boat. It is much quieter than a conventional pump. You may just have to wire it and plug the old fittings into your new pump(if the fittings are compatible)

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|121271|316442&id=121719

In fact I have a spare I no longer need. You can have it for the price of shipping and a decent bottle of scotch:egrin:

A good single malt 12 yr bottle could go from 30 bucks to over 100.00:p I just googles a 25 yr bottle for over $7200.00

Many thanks for the good tips and suggestions. Being a scotch lover myself, I know the value of a really good bottle! I'll hop on over to West Marine to see if I can get a quick fix and if not, scotch is in the air to Maine. Cheers all.