Possible Glitch in Edit Function

Dave Hussey

Member III
Sean,
I dropped a letter when I was typing a message in the Maintenance forum, and didnt catch it until after I'd posted it. I went back and edited later but I noticed that the correction doesnt transfer correctly. The word was "Transmission" in the first sentence of my message, which then becomes the title of the message. I had dropped the letter "T" and while it is correct in the message now, the title remained "ransmission" without the T.
:nerd:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dave,
To change/correct the title of your thread, click on Thread Tools, and then on the Edit Thread function. Then you will be able to edit the title as well.
I just did that to capitalize your title words.....
:)

Loren

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Time Outs on Titles...

Hey Dave...

I looking at your thread - and was a little puzzled as to what you were saying (I just woke up) until I re-read it and saw the title. The title is timed down earlier - and after a certain number of minutes you can no longer edit it. I guess I should change that on the board (there is a control for it somewhere), but I've not had the time.

I've noticed that you already changed it...so I assume you were able to access it? :)

//sse

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Uhg! You're too fast, Loren! :nerd:

I think moderators can change the titles but users cannot after some set amount of time. I'll have to see if I can find that setting and get back to you guys....

//sse