Port Light Question

CARROLL ERTEL

I Have An Ericson -27, 1973 And Am Trying To Find Out Where To Get The Hard Rubber Gasget That Goes Between The Inside Frame And The Glass.it Measures 1/2" Wide And 1/8" Thick And Goes All The Way Around The Port.please Help If You Can.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Most boats of that vintage have 3/16" glass in a 3/8" frame; for which I had a gasket especially tooled. I thought it was just later boats that had the 1/8" glass, but perhaps Ericson used several versions in the 70s.

I have 100 ft or so on my floor of the gasket I had made, if you recheck your measurements and decide you want it, let me know today, as I am leaving tomorrow for several months.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

CARROLL ERTEL

Most boats of that vintage have 3/16" glass in a 3/8" frame; for which I had a gasket especially tooled. I thought it was just later boats that had the 1/8" glass, but perhaps Ericson used several versions in the 70s.

I have 100 ft or so on my floor of the gasket I had made, if you recheck your measurements and decide you want it, let me know today, as I am leaving tomorrow for several months.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

THANKS GARETH,
I CAN'T GET TO THE BOAT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS,BUT I WILL GET THE MEASUREMENTS AND GET BACK AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
CARROLL