Northwest Hull Cleaning Dive Services?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Pacific Northwest Ericson Owners,

Do you use Dive Services to have your hulls cleaned once a month like we do in Southern California. Or is it just too cold for divers? Everyone I know down here does. When my Father had his boat on the Sound I think he only hauled it once a year for a bear of a bottom cleaning job. The reason I ask is I have been considering moving my E-27 up to the Sound.:confused:

Thanks

Jeff

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That warm southern salt water must really promote growth! :boohoo:

I repaint every 3 seasons and have a diver scrub the bottom once or twice a summer in between.
I boat in fresh water, cold in winter and warm in late summer, FWIW.

The water in Puget Sound is cold salt -- might have more fouling potential than our river.... maybe not too much more, though.

Come on up to the rendezvous and ask around!

Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
That warm southern salt water must really promote growth! :boohoo: ...The water in Puget Sound is cold salt -- might have more fouling potential than our river.... maybe not too much more, though.

Yeah, I think the average temp during the summer is about 56 degrees or something...

//sse

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks Guys,

I just got back from a week in the Olympia area and checked out the local yard. Very nice facility. Looks like the divers are used on a some what Bi annual basis and a yearly haul out is almost always a must.

Boy I miss your beautiful Sound and clean air and water. My parents are getting on and I have been considering moving back up there but it's hard to get the same pay scale I do down here in So Cal.

Thanks for all your replies.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks Guys,

I just got back from a week in the Olympia area and checked out the local yard...

Swan town?

I cleaned my hull only once a season - but I also used an ablative - and I'm not a racer - so I was not eager to blow off all my paint...plus we hate shucking off that stuff in the water here...

Where you are in the sound can make a difference also. In the south, the water is much warmer than in the north (more growth). You should also look at moorage in Tacoma and elsewhere... The pay scales are less than in SoCal - but our housing prices are catching up to your's fast...(too many of you guys moving up here! ;) )

//sse

Meanolddad

Member III
Hi Shaun
I resemble that last remark. We just bought a house in Anacortes, WA for retirement. Planning on renting it out until the time we do retire. Beautiful area and I am looking forward to exploring the Puget Sound.
Greg

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Hi Shaun
I resemble that last remark. We just bought a house in Anacortes, WA for retirement. Planning on renting it out until the time we do retire. Beautiful area and I am looking forward to exploring the Puget Sound.
Greg

I know you moved up there, Greg - we're planning on visiting you this summer! :p

//sse