New Water Tanks

polackrm

Member I
On my '73 E29 I have one small fresh water tank, maybe 10 gals., on the stbd side, at the head of the quarter berth. There is a large vacant space behind the tank and I thought that with some bracing I could fill the entire space, after removing the existing tank, with a bladder and increase my tankage to maybe 20 gals. Also forward, under the V-berth, there is a large empty compartment that I could fill with another bladder thereby increasing my tankage to maybe 40 gals. What I'm wondering was, would having all of the water forward have a detrimental effect on my hull, given all of the extra weight, and what would all of that weight do on the performance of the boat, especially heading downwind surfing down swells. Would I just bury the nose or would it be alright? Thanks for any help, Bob E-29 "Pegasus" Port Angeles, WA.

rgoff

Member III
I have about a 15 gallon water tank and about 12 gal holding tank under my V-berth on my E27. I think that is probably the standard place for them on this boat (not much smaller than yours).

HGSail

Member III
On my '73 29 I have a 33 gal,filled at dock(for washing dishes) in front of the tiller but behind the engine. And for long trips I lash 6 5gal bladders on top of the cabin (for the sun shower). But most of all I carry sports bottles under the V berth on the port side and a few 1gal bottles under the center. These are for drinking and some cooking. (Ventura H2o tastes like *^$?!#@@!!)

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole