new ericson 29 owner

bill boyko

Hello Members
My wife and I have just bought an Ericson 29. Of course we are excited. It's a 1977 boat with a newer Yanmar engine. My project list is quite long but working on as sailing boat is only second to sailing . I read the specs and discussion of the boats before we bought her and they were most helpfull. I will surly have questions in the future and will appreciate help from Ericson owners.

Cheers Bill

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats & Welcome!

Hi Bill -

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family! You'll find everyone here very friendly - and of course, we now ~expect~ to see you and your boat in Sydney in June!

By the way - it makes me very happy to hear that we helped you make the decision - that's what this site is all about: taking good care of a great fleet of boats!

Please feel free to post often and jump into any discussions - we look forward to hearing from you (and seeing you in June!).

//sse

maggie-k

Member II
Way to go Bill it's a great boat. Have had mine for 10 years and love it (but it's time to move up) .
Eric

bill boyko

Ericson Northwest
When and where in Sidney is the Ericson get together? Also, has anyone devised a way to put a bow roller for a windlass on the bow of a 29 where you do not have to remove the running lights? Cheers Bill

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Look at the top-listed thread in this forum for rendezvous info.

Other than observing a nice-looking 29 in our YC moorage, I can only say that on our prior boat I removed the old Perko "eyebrow" red and green lights from either side of the forestay attachment... and put a more modern and easier-to-see Aquasignal red-green-combo light on the bow pulpit. I had to make an SS cross bar and have it wire-feed welded in. It was a nice winter project that enhanced the look of the boat (IMO) and made night sailing safer.

Loren

bill boyko

Loren
Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to remove the lights to get enough room for the bow roller.