New Ericson 29 owner..

usmcgrizz

Member I
We just bought a 1970 Ericson 29 in Port Orchard, Wa. She was still on the hard when we left to return home to Texas but should be in her slip at Railway Marina soon. I will be coming back out there in april to finish her up and get a little hands on PNW sailing experience. Just wanted to say hello to the group.

David Brockett
Muenster, Tx

hodo

Member III
Congrats on your purchase. it would be great to have you at the rendevouz in June. You will enjoy the sailing here. Where will you be living? Keep us posted on your progress. Harold, E38, Mischief Maker

usmcgrizz

Member I
Hopefully we will be spending most of our time onboard sailing Puget sound and the San Juans. We aren't sure if we will stay based out of Port orchard or find someplace further north.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Don't Forget the South Sound (and Hood Canal too)

You might want to try Port Orchard first - and spend a little time heading south - down past Tacoma towards Olympia. During the summer, the winds down there are very light - and the inlets very quiet and calm (Hope Ise. down by Olympia is really nice).

It's very different from up north - more wind, lots more people, but of course you have the islands, etc which are great. Depending on how long you'll be here, see if you can squeeze in the South Sound - if only for a couple of days (then you'll really get a feeling for the difference North-South.

Once you head north into Canada, we'll probably never see you again - what you'll find up there is just breath taking...

//sse