Movie about our preparations to cruise an Ericson 38-200

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Great video, Ryan. Inspirational!

Good luck on your voyage. Are you starting with the Baja Ha-Ha? The timing seems right from what you said on the video about your departure.

Joliba

1988 E38-200 Contributing Member
The trip will surpass your expectations

Ryan,
As you and Nicole know, I have done the Panama, Galapagos, Marquesas, Tuamotus, Society Islands... and onward trip and would do it again in a heartbeat to revisit the highlights and especially to get to places I missed years ago. I have shared Will Suto's video with a few others and all have found it inspirational. Not only is your story inspiring, but Will's movie makes me want to pick up the one I never finished about my own experiences in the pre-GPS, pre-internet, pre-roller furling era. Knowing all the work you've done on Naoma, my Ericson now feels naked. I'm looking forward to catching up with you and seeing Naoma in person sometime.
Mike

Ryan L

s/v Naoma
This forum is amazing. I would still be trying to solve many sticky projects without some of your help, wisdom, and inspiration.

We've moved out of our home, now live full time at the marina (although not yet on Naoma), and are in the final stages of preparation for our trip. Next up is radar, dorades, some nav/network stuff, more storage ideas, and cabin fans. Then all that's left is to untie the lines and see what's happening out there past the horizon... :)

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Great story and sure sounds like an adventure of a life time. Please keep us posted on your departure date. I'm sure there are many of us here that would like to see you off.