Mfg of Ericson Yachts

mlaw

There is a listing of a 1975 Ericson 35-2 that was built by Capital Yachts. Did Ericson contract out some of its manufacturing, and if so , were there any issues? I am a newbie, and am looking to buy my first sailboat. I have sailed in clubs previously, and had great experiences on Ericsons.

Guy Stevens

Most likely a broker error

Ericsons were made by Ericson Yachts.

This is most likely a broker error, or they are trying to claim that it was refitted etc....

A link to the boat would be helpful to allow us to look at it and tell you what might be the issue.

Short answer NO, Ericsons are Ericsons built by Ericson.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Maybe this is the boat

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/9057
Appears to be a private party ad on one of the 'net alternate boat selling sites. This ad has been around for a long time. Per the site small print, the listing dates to March of 2008.
Why someone would mis-identify the obvious builder is certainly a mystery. A mistake like that causes me to wonder if the seller is the owner. Or is a stealth broker. :confused:

If the boat is upgraded and equipped as described, it might indeed be a reasonable deal.

LB

Last edited:

HGSail

Member III
He also identifies it as an 35.1. at best this is a 35.2. what he is showing is a King hull not Alberg.

Pat
E29
Holy Guacamole