Measurements

Lluberas

Can anyone provide me with a reliable "P" measurement for my E-35? I have seen a couple of figures ranging from 38 to 42. I am considering buying an asymetrical spyn. for my boat but need the actual figure. While I am at it, what are the other numbers? J, I, etc.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Check the Specs and Docs link above right. It should have those numbers. What model 35?

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Depends on the year

Are you talking about the newer 35-3? Or the venerable 35-2 from the 70's and early 80's, or the original 35 (Alberg design)?

Then we can give you the numbers.

Keep in mind the P measurement refers to the mainsail luff length, and has nothing to do with anything that would impact a spinnaker. They are defined only by I and J.

Tell us which 35 you have and we can help.

Good luck!

S

Lluberas

Thanks for the prompt response. Frankly, I am not sure what modelI have. I think it is the 32-2. There must some reference in the hull number, but I am not sure what all the numbers mean. What I have from the specs section of the Ericson website is: E= 12; P=39, J=15.8 & I=46. By elimination, it must be "I". Long story, but I am considering an asymetrical with a 41 foot vertical measurement. Would this be the right size (or close to it) for that "I"?

Thanks again.

Manuel in Jacksonville, FL

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
The easiest way to tell which 35 you have is by the year. If you post it about twenty guys will post back..... Anyway the only truly reliable way to check any measurement on any rigging of a boat that old is to measure it yourself! example I have a 35-2 that has the factory optional "tall rig: that is almost 4' longer than most, and the boom length was cut down about 3' by the p/o. also changes in design, parts and how careful the guys at the factory and since were at measuring will all affect your true numbers on your boat today.

Last edited: