mast for E34 t

ringle

Inactive Member
does anyone know who built the spars for 1978 E34 T? I need to replace a spreader and none of the spar manufacturers on the net even come close to my measurements.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob "Endeavour" E34 T

escapade

Inactive Member
sparing part(ner)

Have you tried Rig-Rite www.rigrite.com. They are on the East Coast but have a large supply of the old Kenyon Spar parts as well as other's. Pricey, but if they have what you need it could be worth it. Hope this helps.
Have fun & sail fast.
Bud E34 "Escapade"

ringle

Inactive Member
thanks

I talked to Rig Right last night and as my luck would have it they had a major fire in the shop yesterday. They told me to fax info and they will try o get back next week. Thanks for your response.

Bob E34 T "Endeavour"

corkhead

Julian Ashton
It seems rigrite is outa business, When I called in July they had just had a fire, Faxing was unsuccessful. I ended up going to Ballinger, Buz Ballinger is a great help. He remade the gooseneck end of my Kenyon Boom. Looks great. Less $$ than the parts that were in the rigrite catalog (they were out of stock) .

corkhead

Julian Ashton
It seems rigrite is outa business, When I called in July they had just had a fire, Faxing was unsuccessful. I ended up going to Ballinger, Buz Ballinger is a great help. He remade the gooseneck end of my Kenyon Boom. Looks great. Less $$ than the parts that were in the rigrite catalog (they were out of stock) .

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Rig Rite is definately in business. I called today to get prices on goosenecks for my 38. They called back with quotes.... $850 for a 4 sheave version and $650 for a 3 sheave version. About what I expected but they did call back. Check the website, get your part number then call. The website does not have prices.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
34T spars

I am nearly sure those were LeFiell Spars-the only other option is that it was built by Ericson's own spar shop (yes we had one).

But I think it was LeFiell..Check them out.

If you are going new, go Ballenger-right Steve?

Seth

JMGOMEZ

Member I
Hurricane Damage

Wilma did a job on my E27 last week. Lost mast and roller furler. Any ideas where to source a replacement mast?

I had removed boom and mainsail in preparation for the storm. The item which led to this calamity was the bow cleat. I had the lines from dock to my starboard bow cleat, plus other areas. It had gone through other hurricanes before without fail, but with gusts up to 140 MPH, it was too much for cleats that have no backing plates. Let this be a warning to other Ericson owners. Make sure all cleats have proper backing plates. Once the cleat broke through the deck, the boat swung 90 degrees, spreader let go, masts began oscillating, and before long it snap about 6' above the deck.

Joe
S/V Imagine
Ft. Lauderdale

Last edited: