Looking for an E-38, 81-90, NC area

Kennyhoutz

I have now looked at four E-38 and hope to buy one in the next few years. Most I have looked at needed lots of work. Hope to find a nice one on the waterway from Maryland to Miami. Needs to have heat pump/air conditioning option. Thanks for any leads or information on potential problems. It will be my fourth boat. Last boat was a 33 foot Cheoy Lee Clipper I kept for 25 years.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I thought that more viewers would see this thread in the wanted and for sale forum, so I moved it over.
Good luck on finding a 38. I was treated to a sail on one of these at this year's NW Rendezvous, and it is very responsive even in light air.
Good luck in your search.

Respectfully,
Loren

:cool:

Kennyhoutz

Thanks Loren

Thanks for moving my post. I have been hanging out on this site trying to learn as much as I can for awhile. Seems to be nice folks on this site.:)

Glyn Judson

Fourth boat.

Kenny & all, Your E38 search reminds me of the time shortly after getting our 1979 E31 in 1995. Folks would ask me if this was to be my last boat to which I'd answer, "Yes". About that time Marilyn would chime in and say, "No, this is our fourth last boat". Well, 12 plus years have passed and I think it's now safe to say that our lovely little craft will be the one we keep for a long, long time. Marilyn can handle the boat alone and we've actually discussed what she'll do if I slip on a banana peel and go the the great dog house in the sky before she does. She says she won't sell her, she'll hang on to the old girl and sail her bottom paint off. By the way, our previous boat was a 1979 E25+ hull # 515 that I sold to a guy who keeps it one dock away right behind our E31. I see her every time I visit ours. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA