• Memorial Day Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour Day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spirit Moon

Member II
I think it's clear that if we want to ensure space we have to put some money down. I'm fine with sending in a cheque for $20. As was stated we have to commit to move this forward.
Frank

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2008

I guess I will start this thing off by saying Jessie,Cocoa and I will be there, if that helps. Victoria is a great place to tie up. In case we can't set up an area for a potluck, I know there are several resturaunts around that would accept most of us. After all, they are used to sailors for Swiftsure Vic Maui and the Van Isle 360. We might also be able to arrange something with one of the Yacht Clubs. I know the Canadian Armed Forces has a nice spot, and if we talked nice to Charles and Judy, we could find out if it was available. I hope someone else survived the 70 mph winds this last week and will keep this alive.
Harold

Today, at Santa's visit to "The Canadian Forces Sailing Association" The possibility of the rendezvous came up, that it may be in Victoria and they will
provide us with a Steak dinner for $7.50 with all the trimmings. the use of the
club house for an after race party on the Saturday. ( for a donation of $10.00 per boat the Disabiled Sailing Association will provide a race committee
for a 10:00 am start and finish and computer analized finish based on a PHRF
boat ratings let me know early next year if this is part of what we want to do July 4th weekend also keep in mind that the tall boat festival in on the previous week end .. Free moorage at the club (Esquimalt Harbour) for as many as 15 boats that weekend , military mess prices in the bar, not far from Thrifty's Grocery Store, bus routes. Transportation can be arrange for groups of 10 or more. Some stores (bosun"s Locker) for example have already offered gifts. this could be a great week end. Stewart please phone me @ 250 888-4503 if you want me to start arranments in the new year call after
lunch any time.

Let's make it happen
Charlie sv-eden@telus.net Ericson 30+

danosmith

Ericson Rendezvous 2008

As a new Ericson owner,I was wondering the projected date for the 2008 redezvous? Thank You, Dan O. Smith(Sea Gypsy, 34-200)

wurzner

Member III
Locking in Dates

So who is taking the lead on locking in the dates and location? As much as I appreciate the over from the Canadian Armed Forces, I think the 20 payment to secure a location downtown will pale in comparision to cab fares into town, but i'm sure their moorage rates would be MUCH lower than downtown victoria harbor.

That being said, who is doing what to secure us those dates? With Jan 2nd rapidly approaching, we need to figure this out quickly to make it happen. I do believe that changing the dates is a good decision so that part seems to be pretty clear. The remaining decision is location and that appears to be between downtown and Esquimault (sp?). I would favor downtown since there is a good groove down there and for the cost...I'd be willing to belly up for the moorage fees. I do believe it will be in the $1.25 a foot range, but that is comparable to other locations so just be prepared for that.

To summarize, how do we lock these locations up? Does everyone reserve themselves to eliminate the 20 fee? Does one person do it so we have a better chance of being placed together? We need to figure this out pretty quickly. If not, I will contact them and make reservations for myself. Having organized hockey teams in the past, there is a degree of risk associated with planning these things and commiting the financial resources to make it happen. I'm not sure how many boat plan on showing up, but it looks to be in the low 20's based on the survey. Due to the location, I believe that is reasonable and perhaps we could get closer to 30 or so as the time approaches, assuming the weather is favorable.
I'll be there either way.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Shaun

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
We'll plan to attend...

The two Rendezvous we have attended were great fun and we really like Victoria. My travel schedule, and therefore my ability to attend this year, is going to be at the mercy of the new airplane program, but we'll commit a deposit and come if we can. If Stuart will send me his address offline, I'll send a check today.

Otherwise, I'll make a reservation as Shaun has done.

P.S. $20 Canadian is like $23 US these days. :)