Is there an Ericson 30+ owner in Victoria BC?

A and J

Member I
We are seriously considering buying an Ericson 30+ located in California. Before we spend the money to go and see her we would like the opportunity to look at one in person. If any one knows of a owner in Victoria BC or Sidney BC please send us a note. Many Thanks. :egrin:
PS we are 6'3" and 5'6" will we both fit comfortably in the forward berth?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FWIW --
I note that there is one listed for sale in this forum, in Seattle. That's quite a bit closer to home...

Best,
Loren in PDX

escapade

Inactive Member
V-berth fit

As a P.O. (previous owner) of a 30+ I can give you our experience. I am 6'1" & my bride is 5'4". We fit in the V-berth by me lying along 1 side & the admiraless occupying the remaining space. At 6'3" you will have your head & feet against the bulkheads. I believe you will find this the case with most 30' class boats. A matter of trying to maxamize the space. It will be doable but it's no Holiday Inn Express!
OTOH, we throughly enjoyed cruising the North Channel of Lake Huron for 2 weeks at a time, as well as racing our 30+. It was very comfortable for a couple and you could take 2 or 3 children along comfortably. The North Channel offers many secluded anchorages which we could enjoy for 3 or 4 days until we would run out of ice & fill the holding tank. We went looking for refrigeration for the 30+, ended up buying a 34' refrigerator! We owned her for 8 years and were very happy overall.
If you have any other questions concerning the 30+,let me know. BTW, we replaced her with a '88 Ericson 34, otherwise we would still be sailing her.
Good luck, have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade" :)

chasandjudy

chas and judy
buying an E 30+

We are seriously considering buying an Ericson 30+ located in California. Before we spend the money to go and see her we would like the opportunity to look at one in person. If any one knows of a owner in Victoria BC or Sidney BC please send us a note. Many Thanks. :egrin:
PS we are 6'3" and 5'6" will we both fit comfortably in the forward berth?

EDEN is a 1986 E 30+ she races and cruises out of Esquimalt Harbour near Victoria BC located at E31 CFSA you are wellcome to visit or come out for a sail I am 6'1" and Judi my wife is 5'10" E-mailo me and we can gam over Ericsons we have several in the Canadian Forces Sailing Association .

Charles A. Pash or chasandjudy@islandnet.com:egrin: