I really need help Finding trailer to rent for..

rshumway

Inactive Member
I am looking to rent a trailer for my 25, swing keel, I just moved, and my boat is back in NW fl, i moved to South FL, i have to get it down here. ASAP. Believe it or not, they rent ski boat trailers down here, but not anything for a sailboat.... i have to try to find one to rent, cant afford to buy. and i thought s. FL there would alot of sailboat trailer, HA, wrong, again. I was told that since it has a swing keel, that it may fit on a larged boat trailer....does that even sound right? does anyone know of ANYBODU in FL, ANYWHERE that i could rent one from? I have to get it down here, i would sail it, but b/c of the last storm, i dont have a rudder back on it yet, and a few minor things, that are very time consuming....can anybody help?

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
i found one (finally) after cruising craigs list for a few weeks....good luck!! " a good trailer is hard to find"...esp w/out a ericson on it...:rolleyes:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Go to the owners and projects link on the banner above and sort by E25 and Florida and you might find a local 25 owner that can help with the trailer.

Ernest

Member II
I really need a trailer

Have you contacted transporters?. Some will do cheap return trips if they are in the neighborhood.

transport idea

Here is an idea: Buy or build a cradle, and secure to a rented flatbed. Use a yard lift or sling at each end of the journey to load and unload. Would this work?

Ernest

Member II
I really need a trailer

I have an old friend in the Fla panhandle that has a trailer. If you are still in need, give him a call. I believe it was for a 25' Catalina w/centerboard so it should fit your needs. His name is Errol and his number is 805-939-5231.

jimmy

Contributing Partner
Trailer

Just saw your thread and saw you were in my area. FWP< Fl. I have a double axle trailer made for a 25 mcgregor sitting in my drive. If you are interested and still need one contact me, I would sure would like to sell it as I am restoreing a 69 E30.