Hull Number location

Mike.Gritten

Member III
I know that this topic has been brought up before, and I have reviewed all the posts that come up after a search, but I still can't find the hull number for our boat! I can see no numbers moulded into the outside of the transom as suggested by some. I have checked the top of the rudder post/tiller mount in the cockpit as suggested by some others. It is not like this is a major problem - I just want to know! Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Since your hull was presumably molded out well into the era of required HIN's, I would hazzard a guess the transom has been repainted or re-gelcoated at some time and the numbers were not preserved. I do not know when Ericson began molding in a duplicate HIN inside the boat somewhere, but they were doing this when mine was made in 1988.
Sorry to have no better help to offer,

Loren in Portland, OR

ccorcoran

Member II
Mike,

Loren is right. As far as I know (based on owning three later model Ericsons) 1986 and later Ericsons have an additional hull ID inside. On our current 1987 E34, the hull number is molded (ala dymo tape in mold) on the triaxial force grid right in front of the engine mount. Not sure if that helps. Good Luck.