Hull ID

Blue Moon

Member I
Can anyone tell me how to decode the Hull ID for an Ericson 333

MY ID is PSE33021798.

I know PSE is the manufacturer code and it is a 98 model year, but how do I tell what the actual hull number is, like hull #4 of the build series?
:confused:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I believe it breaks down like this:

PSE = Pacific Seacraft Ericson

33= 33 feet

0217 = Hull Number in the order of manufacture. This usually matches the number on your sails if you have the original. Sail number may be 0217 or 217.

98= Year made

Others here may be able to decipher it better.

Blue Moon

Member I
Hull # question

Thanks Shadowfax. I found it in the archives, I had searched, but not using the right keyword. It appears I have hull # 21. I know they made around 30 or less, so it looks like I have one of the last ones made. Why , I dount know, seems a shame.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Is this boat like the one listed in Yachtworld, "Blue Mistral," shown as "sale pending?"
These are actually an Ericson 32-200. PSC changed the nav table and galley layout a bit, and I like the upgrades in engine size. Lots of other nice upgrades, from winches to ss ports to woodwork.

So, in one respect, there a *lot* more of this basic Ericson model out there than just the re-titled short production run by PSC.

Loren

ps: how do you like the stand-up nav station?

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Member I
Loren,

Yes, it is. We finalize next week, but it is a done deal. I knew it was different form the Ericson 33, but didn't know it was basically the 32-200. Good to know that. Yeh, the stand up nav is somewhat useless, except for a quick look at something, but space is limited and I had the same thing in a boat I chartered before so I am familiar with the set up. That time I just used the table for chartwork. We are certainly looking forward to starting in on her next weekend.

:egrin: