Head faucet/shower combo

ref_123

Member III
Hi all,

did anyone try to replace a faucet/shower combo in the head? The one that came with our 32-3 is way too short - I cannot even wash hands there. Plus, it started to leak recently...

The issue is that it has 2 holes going through the countertop. WM does not have currently anything compatible. All they sell now are one-hole attached combos, that look great by the way.

Worst case scenario I can epoxy the old holes, drill new one(s) and paint. But it looks like way too much trouble. Any experiences?

Thanks,
Stan

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Shower Head

Check to be sure the hose is not hung on something under the counter. I had this problem and after clearing the hose it is plenty long enough to shower. Dan Callen Ericson32-3 Andiamo

ref_123

Member III
I am afraid I was not clear, but case is closed :)

Well, it's not a shower that is an issue, it's the faucet itself. It's barely 3 inches long, so it hangs over the very edge of a sink.

On the other hand, I found the answer, case closed :)

Regards,
Stan

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Most of those fawcets were standard home fawcets with holes on i think 4" centers. I replaced mine (1989 E-38) with one from the hardware store.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Kinda like this?

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/method/Shopping_Products/CatId/106/ID/694.htm

Our '88 had two very similar to this picture, one for the head and one for the galley. Both have a pull-out faucet and hose arrangement.
We still have the original one in the head. I replaced the galley one recently and my near-wholesale price was $200.
I believe that the original brand was "Grohe" (sp).

Ericson put some good hardware on our boat.
(Not that I am biased or anything.... )
;)

Loren

Attachments

• 46009 - 46012_Detail.jpg
    46009 - 46012_Detail.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 187

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I had a Grohe like that in my '69 E32 head...I actively disliked it, as its design splashed water all over the countertop on the best of days and the shower hose was a nuisance given that my boat does not have a shower stall. I think a previous owner installed it to look like '80s-vintage Ericsons as the boat was not originally equipped with hot water.

Faucets come with just a few standard hole arrangements. You either limit yourself to the hole pattern you currently have and choose a new fixture from those that fit the hole, or you resign yourself to doing a bit of surgery and cutting a new hole pattern and hoping the patch over the old hole doesn't show around the new fixture. It's quite easy, actually.

I found very limited selection in this one-hole pattern so I bit the bullet and redrilled. Tons of fixtures to choose from in the two-hole, four-inch-apart variety. I actually bought mine on eBay from dealyard.com.