Hand Rails

Captron

Member III
I recently replaced the wood hand rails with stainless steel ones on my E-38.

If anyone wants the old wooden ones, you can have them for $0 but they're in Auburndale, Florida (central Florida off I-4) and 13' 2" long & curved so shipping might be an issue. Better to pick them up.

They're not in terrible shape, no major cracks or anything but they were coated in Cetol which needs to be stripped and several screw holes are chipped as I wasn't real careful taking out the bungs and screws. I'd say serviceable just a long way from perfect.

There is a deadline on this ... June 30th ... after that they're scrap.

Contact Capt Ron .... rcbutler@hotmail.com

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Loren - Thanx. Wally does a good job. I was thinking of next time though,, as the old teak rails are going back on as soon as the April showers end in the great northeast. :mad: We have been getting one or two days a week without rain for a while now. The forecast is for rain until Monday (surprise!) and then a few nice days, so I am taking them north with me when I go today.

On the E-34 the rails are eliptical with a bend that I am not sure how to define. It is easy to bend with wood, but difficult with stainless. The original rails were drilled by hand on assembly, without a portable drill press :) , so I am sure there is no drawing.