FREE One wrap of 3/16" synthetic flax packing for stuffing box

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
attachment.php
attachment.php

If anyone wants a 8 1/2" length of 3/16" synthetic braid flax packing, plus 3 cut segments for a 3/4" shaft, please let me know. I'll throw it into an envelope and send it to you in exchange for a little good Karma for not throwing it into the landfill. This isn't enough to completely replace your stuffing, but a little extra in case you need it.

Here's the story in case you're bored. I had bought both 1/8" and 3/6" because I didn't know what size I needed. When I pushed the 3/16" into the nut, it seemed to fit perfectly, so I slithered out of the engine compartment, went down the ladder to the ground, and cut 3 segments around the outside segment of the prop shaft where the air is easier to breathe and I'm not all folded up.

When I got the segments back into the engine compartment, they encircled the shaft perfectly, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the packing pushed past the threads of the nut :confused:. Then I did what should have been the first step, and compared the different sizes to the shredded old flax. Turns out the 1/8" was the right size, so now I have one buggered-up segment of 3/16", two better segments, plus the 8.5" segment that I can't find anything to do with.

My email is macgyro@yahoo.com. If you want to give me an address where you can receive it, I'll send it out in a couple days. First come, first serve. And I'll try to delete this once it's claimed.

Cheers,
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 114