finally a place!

thomthod

Member II
I have had my E29 for almost 2 years now. This year my race record has not been stellar! 2 dnf's, 1 dns, and lots of last place finishes, I finally came in second place out of 6 boats! We came in second by 2 mins corrected time in seven mile course!

The ironic part was the bolt on the transmission linkage broke, so I jerry rigged the cable with a safety wire job! its always something.

I think after all the trials and tribulations with engine / exhaust fuel tank rigging etc I am finally enjoying the boat!

woo hoo!

T

Blooz traveler

E29 1971735.jpg

eknebel

Member III
Congratulations, Captain!!!!:) The struggles and challenges make finishing in the money sweeter, yes? With classic yachts like these, we are constantly blessed with challenges to make trouble free seasons a gift to be savored. Well done!

thomthod

Member II
Thanks Ed

Even though not W, still a big plus. We use a golf HDCP system and I had a 222. It was pretty nice when we passed a catalina 34 and a catalina 42! I didnt think the old girl had it in her!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice!

Kudos from up here in the NW, too. Lovely picture and the light and scenery is great.

Racing: I recall winning absolutely nothing for several years of full-season OD racing in our Ranger 20... and by year five we won a Nationals. Takes tiller time, boat prep, and attention to detail.
But, you knew that....
:)

And don't feel too disadvantaged by the refurb process on your classic boat, either.

I have met several owners of brand new production sailboats from very well known builders where the new first owners had a looong punch list of problems from day one... that took two (!) years to work through.

And one of the problem builders, Hu___er, just went through bankruptcy and reportedly punted warranty payment for the company's previous QC problems.

So, just figure that spending some serious coin and several years "bringing back" a new-to-you 70's or 80's boat is normal and expected.
Not fun, mind you, but not at all unusual. :rolleyes:

Those modern classics from Bruce King's drawing board and the Ericson factory will always draw appreciative looks and admiration for their timeless blend of sailing prowess and interior accommodation.
:egrin:

Cheers,
Loren