Favorite Youtube Sailing Channels?

Rosco

Exploring the BC Coast E35-2, Yanmar 3GM30
Now that we are fully engaged in sailing as Spring has arrived, Who are the content providers who satiated the hunger in Winter? I got hooked by Sweet Ruca lately. They are preparing to round the Cape of Good Hope right now. They are in Uruguay on a J46 and are worth a watch.
Bridget and I of course cherish Christian Williams who is a constant 'go to' for us as I transition from power to sail. She is much more seasoned than I... I am a humble student.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
One of my favorites is “How To Sail Oceans” with Captain Kevin Boothby ( https://youtube.com/@howtosailoceans1423 )
What I enjoy about Kevin‘s channel is that he solo sails and maintains a wooden hull, gaff rigged sailboat and it’s motor-less. When you loose the advantage of an auxiliary engine you really need to pay attention and develop strategies about how to get around and Kevin always shows his skills and experience when sailing into and out of an anchorage and handling the hanked on sails of his beloved “Ruth Avery”. He often demonstrates his method of thinking three, four or more steps ahead when moving his boat under canvas alone. Only recently did he add a rig to mount his dingy out board to the stern of his boat when needed just to move it inside an anchorage or to a dock, although I did see him “sail” to a dock once. Want to learn something’s about how to handle your boat when the engine gives up? Then watch some “How To Sail Oceans”.

Rosco

One of my favorites is “How To Sail Oceans” with Captain Kevin Boothby ( https://youtube.com/@howtosailoceans1423 )
What I enjoy about Kevin‘s channel is that he solo sails and maintains a wooden hull, gaff rigged sailboat and it’s motor-less. When you loose the advantage of an auxiliary engine you really need to pay attention and develop strategies about how to get around and Kevin always shows his skills and experience when sailing into and out of an anchorage and handling the hanked on sails of his beloved “Ruth Avery”. He often demonstrates his method of thinking three, four or more steps ahead when moving his boat under canvas alone. Only recently did he add a rig to mount his dingy out board to the stern of his boat when needed just to move it inside an anchorage or to a dock, although I did see him “sail” to a dock once. Want to learn something’s about how to handle your boat when the engine gives up? Then watch some “How To Sail Oceans”.
That boy knows his stuff, wow. Great channel!

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
I try to follow him too and like his channel.

I've been following a few others including the Sailing Uma couple, Dan and Kika, pretty much from the start when they were broke college kids on a dream, before so many others tried to do like them. They rebuilt a seriously decrepit Pearson 36 with a broken keel and have sailed it across the North Atlantic, over-Wintered in Norway, and are now in the Med.
HOWEVER
They just put out a video showing that the original repairs from 8+ years ago (as noobie recent college grads) are starting to fail and it sounds like they may need to get a different boat.

Rosco

Sailing Magic Carpet. Clean, crisp videos of the sailing life and major refit/restoration on a Cape George sloop (I think).
They really do a great job and WOW what skill on every level. There is something special about many vloggers from this region.

David Grimm

E38-200
When I just need to relax I find myself rewatching many of Christians videos. Nothing calms the nerves better. A close second is Capt. Q Yacht Hunter and his pal Ran-day! Every episode is a lesson in Yacht craftsmanship and vocabulary.

Sam Holmes Sailing is an all time favorite as well. Sam puts out a video every few weeks or so. His adventures are more crare free. He takes a seat of the pants approach to adventure. He learns as he goes along and so will you. I really enjoy his lifestyle and hope to someday carry on at his level.

Rosco

My favorites are Sailing Project Atticus (Allied Seawind 30, upgrading to a Pacific Seacraft 40, very well done videos) and Sail Life (an almost complete refit of a Warrior 38, about to cross the Atlantic, amazing work). I learn a lot from both.

For electrical work, Pacific Yacht Systems has a great series of videos.

Dave
Agree PYS does great work on their videos and are equally good to use in Vancouver area.

dhill

Member III
When I just need to relax I find myself rewatching many of Christians videos. Nothing calms the nerves better. A close second is Capt. Q Yacht Hunter and his pal Ran-day! Every episode is a lesson in Yacht craftsmanship and vocabulary.

Sam Holmes Sailing is an all time favorite as well. Sam puts out a video every few weeks or so. His adventures are more crare free. He takes a seat of the pants approach to adventure. He learns as he goes along and so will you. I really enjoy his lifestyle and hope to someday carry on at his level.
Yes, I have watched and enjoyed Christian's videos many times and learn a lot from them as well. An oversight from my original message. I've also read his books covering both crossings. Lots of well-written wisdom and humor. In winter, I especially watch the video where he is just sailing. I've been paying especially close attention to his latest varnishing video, since similar work is in my near future.

Dave

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
Just about every sailing channel has some great episodes but I tend to root for the for the shoe string sailors in small boats. Wind Hippy Sailing features a young woman solo sailing at 27ft'er that is reminiscent of chitty chitty bang bang. She has been island hopping the south pacific and enjoying month long passages. Huub Vlog, features a happy go lucky traveler who bought a dog of an Alberg 30 in Honduras for too much and redid his squishy decks. The sky boss has a few of the regulars looking out for this guy. For wide eyed, wet behind the ears, learn on the go adventure, his channel is pretty fun. Both are inspirational to the owner of an e27 with unreasonable plans.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Sailing Triteia is pretty good too.
I also prefer the shoestring solo sailor channels involving actual sailing/voyaging, and not so much the boat repair/renovation and sightseeing channels