Farewell fellow Ericson owners

CTOlsen

Member III
Many thanks to all of you that have offered me advice and feedback on our beloved O-34, Loki. My wife and I have owned her since 2009, and are now experiencing a paradigm shift which is taking us into the world of Downeast Powerboating. Loki will continue to be sailed in the Mystic CT area by her new owner who is excited to have her. They are already lurking about these forums, and I expect they will introduce themselves.
Farewell, and thanks for the memories!
Craig and Bev OlsenRum_line_Water1.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Stick around, if you wish! That's one beautiful "powerboat" and at some point you will be once more be repairing/upgrading some systems and parts that are hauntingly similar to the systems in your former sailboat. :rolleyes:

What model and length is it?
The name is rather cool as well.
:egrin:

CTOlsen

Member III
It's a classic Down Easter a Nauset 35 that's been repowered once and rebuilt twice. She fits the Mystic ambience well.
I'll definitely stay on the website and lurk ocasionally, and get input on things like instruments and electronics. I've been a Raymarine guy, now have to transition to Garmin. Thanks all.
Oh, and the name was given to her by the previous owner, a sailor as well. The name definitely stays.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Where’s Loki located in Mystic, Craig? We’re currently at a slip in Mystic Shipyard West for a couple days, would enjoy seeing her if I get a chance. Good luck with the new boat.

CTOlsen

Member III
Where’s Loki located in Mystic, Craig? We’re currently at a slip in Mystic Shipyard West for a couple days, would enjoy seeing her if I get a chance. Good luck with the new boat.
She is on a mooring now under the new owner. She's still Loki for the time being, and moored in the Mystic River across from Abbots's lobster house. Enjoy your trip.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
A wonderful choice in power boats and one of my favorites compared to the newer power boats that look like floating studio apartments with layer on top of layer and then appear so top heavy to me. Craig and Bev, your new craft looks like something that would be docked at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and certainly fit in with its looks. Good luck with her!

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
She is on a mooring now under the new owner. She's still Loki for the time being, and moored in the Mystic River across from Abbots's lobster house. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you. Wait, they’re going to change the name and anger Poseidon?! Risky sailors, they be.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Didn't see Loki as we sailed out of Mystic the other day. Looked as we passed Abbot's, but it was about 6 am and the coffee hadn't completely kicked in yet. Plus there were many boats moored in that area. What a beautiful place, btw. Can't wait to return next summer for longer stay.

CTOlsen

Member III
Didn't see Loki as we sailed out of Mystic the other day. Looked as we passed Abbot's, but it was about 6 am and the coffee hadn't completely kicked in yet. Plus there were many boats moored in that area. What a beautiful place, btw. Can't wait to return next summer for longer stay.
It is a great place to live. We moved here in 2015 for work reasons, retired in 2021 and never left. As a native long islander, who lived in the south for 30 years, this place will forever be home.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
It is a great place to live. We moved here in 2015 for work reasons, retired in 2021 and never left. As a native long islander, who lived in the south for 30 years, this place will forever be home.
One of my favorite parts was having to duck while taking our dingy under the Mystic bridge on our way up river to the Seaport Museum - which was a fantastic site to visit.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Very pretty boat, Craig. As the others have already stated - we hope that you'll still come by from time to time as your experience as an owner is valuable to others - and we would enjoy staying in touch, etc.

Best wishes to you both! :egrin:

//sse