Ericson/Merriman steering help

lschill

Member I
I am trying to replace my old round instrument pods on either side of the compass with a new Navpod instrument pod that mounts on the pedestal guard and holds three ST60 instruments for my 1984 Ericson 30 Plus. Because the steering system is Merriman ( I think) and they are out of business, I can' find parts. I need a 54" tall, 12" wide and 1" diameter straight pedestal guard and the top plate adaptor to fit on a Merriman pedestal. I got new Raymarine ST60 speed, depth and autopilot to hook up and hope I chose the right setup. Any help? Thanks

Lee Schill
Swede
lschill@rgv.rr.com

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
I believe Westmarine sells a 12" wide Whitlock pedestal guard. You might see if that fits. Otherwise, I believe that Merriman parts are not available. The Edson web site kindly informs you that you are basically SOL.

lschill

Member I
Thanks Geoff for the reply.

To all, let me tell what I did as it could be something more people are interested in. I checked on the good ol' internet and found hollandmarine.com in Canada and e-mailed them in the evening. By 8:00 that night I had a reply from Peter saying he could help. I called him and it appears he has parts for Merriman/Yacht Specialties pedestals. He is sending me the part I need (I hope it is correct) and gave me some free advice that I appreciated. (He could have sold me something but instead told me how to fix what I had). If this part fits, I think Hollandmarine.com is the place for Merriman parts.

Lee