Ericson 35 windows

Menez La Vie

I have a Ericson 35 and the windows have been leaking since the day I bought the boat last Fall. I even put temporary sealant around the edges until I could make time to start to replace them. The metal of the windows has deteriorated over the years due to neglect. I know an internal seal would help seal the windows, but I’d like to replace the metal frames to. I’d like to try and keep the glass though if possible. Anyone have any ideas or know of where I can find the frames?

Attachments

• P1220016 - Copy.JPG
    P1220016 - Copy.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 138
  • P1220027 - Copy.JPG
    P1220027 - Copy.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 510
  • PIC_0978.jpg
    PIC_0978.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 122
  • PIC_0811.jpg
    PIC_0811.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 140
  • PIC_0720.jpg
    PIC_0720.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 146

Menez La Vie

Plastic / elbow grease

Thanks guys,
I took a couple of them out and found most of the problem was corrosion and the rubber seals decayed. So, I'm scrubbing / sanding down the aluminum and scraping out the old seals then painting them and putting in new seals. Seems to be working so far. My head portlight was just a mess, so I found a Beckson plastic portlight that opens for about $120 at:
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/
I got a quote from some other suppliers for anywhere from $300 to $700 for a aluminum replacement.
Instead of paying over $1k for the portlights, I'm going with some cleaning and painting. Only cosmetic issue will be the inner seal (rubber) that holds the glass in place is a little decayed, but I can live with it.
Thanks again for the gouge!