Guest viewing is limited

Ericson 30+

Trucker Doug

Member II
1981 Ericson 30+, Double spreader rig, roller furler, spinaker with pole, wheel steering, diesel, near new upholstry, near new electric head and holding tank.
This is a very nice, very solid boat. We were so impressed with this Ericson that we made the plunge and got in deep with a E38-200. Now "The Beach House" is ready for someone else to enjoy. Located in Pasadena, MD. Asking $18,000 OBO.

Attachments

• DSCN0111.JPG
    DSCN0111.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0115.JPG
    DSCN0115.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0556.JPG
    DSCN0556.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN0555.JPG
    DSCN0555.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 137

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Reach out and touch.....

To contact "Trucker Doug" directly, just click on his name, and then select user profile... one of the options is to directly send him an email...

LB

Trucker Doug

Member II
Yeah, still here. We took it out for a daysail week before last and all's well. Been scrathing my head wondering about the price, but nobody has even made an offer so take a shot.

douglas

Member I
sailing characteristics of the 30+

Hi Trucker, I am looking at a 1980 ericson 30+ down here in florida. I have read as much as I can find about the 30+ but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there, I've heard it's a bit of a tender boat, but fast. This boat has 4 foot draft, 130 roller furling genoa. Any input on how the boat sails? I'm fairly inexperienced but think I can handle it but wanna know how the boat sails in general. thanks in advance

(also) Doug

Trucker Doug

Member II
This was my second boat, I had a 22' trailer boat 1 year maybe 15 years earlier. Forget the tender stuff, goes to 15 degrees pretty quick then gets pretty darn stable. Just learn to reef properly and early but that's with most fin keel boats. I really hadn't a clue when we got this boat and I'm still in love with it. It taught me and my girlfriend without scareing us to death. We just wanted to take friends and the 30 gets a little tight with my girlfriends brothers family of 4 with us 2. I would recomend a 30+ for anybody and not just mine. The hull is solid fiberglass not cored, the rig is what they put on the most expensive boats made, they're fast for a 30, with the spinaker it still moves in light air, lots of teak inside and not alot on the outside to keep up. I only know MY boat but the thing is tough and has my full faith when the weather gets lousy. If you get one move the scupper drains to the transom and seal the holes in the bottom. I don't understand what the theory was but it doesn't work in real life to have the scuppers drain below the waterline. Other than that, for 17K or so, with a little care, you got a boat that'll go anywhere, do anything. Honestly, if space wasn't an issue for us we'd keep this boat forever.
OK now for the salespitch for MY boat. You're in FL so if you want to see my boat I'll pay the airline ticket if you buy it and even sail it half way there to NC. Or if you buy it full price I'll deliver it to Jacksonville FL. AND to top it off, throw in the chart plotter that came with my new boat that has the gulf coast chip in it. WHAT A DEAL! :egrin: