Ericson 26 on Ebay

markvone

Sustaining Member
I have inspected this boat.

I declined to purchase after inspecting it. It will be re-listed in the future on eBay. It's a wing keel and I'm looking for std keel. Bad news: It had 5 inches of water over the cabin sole (below engine) from leaking ports and hatches causing a severe mold and moisture problem from being ignored for 18 months. Water has wicked up into vertical wood panels and sole will need replacement. I pumped all the water out. Engine (Universal M-12) condition is unknown, although I suspect it stopped running as the cause for boat being basically abandoned. Local diesel guy last serviced in 2003. Sails and running rigging need replacement. Batteries are dead. Good news: Fresh water boat. Hull and deck look good. In water, not leaking from below as far as I can tell. Mast, boom (Isomat) and standing rigging looked good. Harken Code zero furler. Interior in good shape excepting being saturated with water and surface mold. Has complete owner's binder with all manuals. It could be easily be put into sailing shape. If engine can be revived and if the interior could be dried out and mold removed it would be back to full value. Contact me if you would like more info. Mark

RKCRWLR

Member II
A lot of work...

Sounds like this one is on the verge of taking a one-way voyage :esad:. Thats too bad. Hate to see an Ericson fall off the map. Someone handy and with a lot of patience could still have some fun with it, but in this economy, I am seeing a lot of very good boats coming up forsale at very good prices. I am heading off to pick my new to me 26 up in 2 weeks. Hope the suveyor and pics did not lie :cool:.

Last edited: