Ericson 25/26 (Hull #1) $3950

timdaniels

I am selling my Ericson 25/26. I believe it is hull #1. It measures the same length as a 26 but is registered as a 25 and the title is dated 5 years before production date of the 25 (plus the old mainsail has a bold number "1" on it and was in a sail bag that said "Ericson Pacer Hull #1"). It is in great shape. I live on San Juan Island, WA. I'm selling it because I don't have the free time to take it as far as I'd like, so I'm getting a power boat. Otherwise, I'd keep it.
SLEEPS 4
SINK, ICE BOX, HEAD (NON-COMPLIANT)
4 SAILS, FIN KEEL, 4 FOOT DRAFT
8HP EVINRUDE
Can send pictures via email.
For more info, call Tim at (360) 378-8309 or email timdaniels@centurytel.net

Tim Daniels

Attachments

• boat in slip 2 (Large).JPG
    boat in slip 2 (Large).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 463
  • boat drydock.jpg
    boat drydock.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 383
  • boat side.jpg
    boat side.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Hull ID ?

It doesn't look like an Ericson so I'm curious what the hull ID says; an ID on the stern, probably in the port side ?

Edit: On second thought, the portholes look right, even if nothing else looks like what I'd expect an Ericson to look like.

I would have guessed one of the early Mcgregor 26' pop-tops. It will be really interesting to see if it really is an Ericson, maybe a prototype with a bowsprit ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Last edited:

timdaniels

You're right, it looks different. I have searched for anyone else with a flush deck 25/26 and have not found one. But there's no question it's an Ericson. The title/registration is "1960 Ericson 25." It measures 25' 9"--the same as a 26, but the keel is 3' 11", the same as the 25. The P and E measurements (mast and boom) match the factory specs of the Ericson 26 designed by Bruce King (although the 26-2 and the 26-2SD are about 5ft longer on the P and a foot shorter on the E--following the trend with most rigs). 1960 is 5 years before official production date, and there is no hull ID#. The real give-away is the hull design. It's an exact match to the 26 (compare haul-out photos). I believe it is a prototype of the 26, to which they added a lengthened keel and a raised deck. As it sits, it is a great racer--very fast but with a bit of weatherhelm. The cabin layout is identical, with the V-berth up front and two quarter births--one behind a sink and ice box, the other behind a stove/cooktop cabinet, across from the head. The bow sprit is an aftermarket.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
My guess is that it is the hull of the 26-1, before the deck tooling was (redone?) completed for the cabin version. Concept wise, it looks like the hatch configuration from a Cal 25-1.

My .01 worth,
Loren