Ericson 23 centerboard

J. Kerry

First off, I've done extensive searching on this site and others and haven't found what I need.
I lost the centerboard on my 23' and will build my own since IdaSailor is out of commission for the next two or three months. What I need are an outline of the centerboard and dimensions. I plan to use a stainless plate as the base and will add stainless ribbing followed up with foam for the shape covered with carbon fiber and epoxy. I will post pictures of the process if someone will please provide the dimensions.
Thanks

sleather

Sustaining Member
Welcome aboard :egrin:

Contact Bob Boe by e-mail(link below) as he's built a few and has a little newsletter devoted to the fine little craft.

oleboe@aol.com

Bob Boe
Ericson 23 Owners Association
1427 River Rd
Madison heights, VA 24572

Bob in Va

Gordon

I have built an E 23 centerboard and also have my original (unuseable) centerboard. If you haven't gotten info from Bob, reply back and I could get measurements for you. I posted some pictures of how I made a board (somewhere) on this site - you could search for it or I could send you more.

Gordon

Last edited:

J. Kerry

I was able to reach Bob and he offered to send me the specs so I can get started. The critical part is getting the correct dimensions since I don't have my centerboard to measure.
Thanks for the lead.

Sven

Seglare
First off, I've done extensive searching on this site and others and haven't found what I need.

You don't need to apologize for asking a question. You also don't have to have scoured past posts to avoid asking questions publicly.

This is a community, not just a reference site :egrin:

You have a great boat !

-Sven

sleather

Sustaining Member
I have built an E 23 centerboard and also have my original (unuseable) centerboard. If you haven't gotten info from Bob, reply back and I could get measurements for you. I posted some pictures of how I made a board (somewhere) on this site - you could search for it or I could send you more.

J. Kerry, Good to hear you got in touch with Bob!

Gordon's pics are in this thread...#12.....

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=5545

J. Kerry

Gordon:
Your design is what I would like to duplicate. Stainless plate, etc.
I'd like to take you up on your offer of providing dimensions.
Thanks

J. Kerry

I received the plans from Bob yesterday which is greatly appreciated. His plans seem fairly straightforward. I'll let you know how it goes and I'll be happy to copy and/or send anyone else who may need them when I finish.
Many Thanks

davisr

Member III
J. Kerry,

As an E25 owner I be really interested in having a copy of these centerboard plans, since I could alter the approach to accomodate the E25 trunk. Stainless steel sounds like a smart way to build a centerboard if your going to start from scratch.

Thanks for the offer,
Roscoe

E25, cb, Hull 226