E39/39B review

Sven

Seglare
John Kretschmer wrote a very complimentary review of the E39 and E39B in his Used Boat Notebook in Techline (Sailing magazine ?). I haven't found it online but a slip neighbor gave us a copy. As our neighbor said, it points out that she is a really nice boat ... "but you already knew that".

I'll scan it in when we get back home, right now we are on board and I'm playing with Nancy's pretty remarkable birthday iPad and I think she wants it back :)

-Sven

Lew Decker

Member III
I have the magazine, Sven, if you'd like the whole thing. It was a good review, even mentioning 'Maverick' without the negatives. Backing down in reverse? Hmmmm...Even for Kretschmer it was an adventure.

Bottom line? The E39/39B's make wonderful cruising boats, and there are a few bargains out there.

Dang. Here I sit with a 10' dinghy in my back yard. Actually, my first choice would be an E41. They are too scarce, though. For the most excellent bang for the buck? E39's are right up there.:rolleyes:

Sven

Seglare
Hi Lew,

Sure, if you were going to toss the issue we'd be happy to give it a home :egrin: Do you still have our address ?

Spent the weekend installing the new Origo. Then we installed a chicken in the Origo and had a yummy dinner :)

Attachments

• DSC_1610.jpg
    DSC_1610.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,023

Lew Decker

Member III
I have the issue and I'll get it in the mail to you - just as soon as I find your address:egrin:. I'm not sure which pile it's buried under, so to speak.

The new stove looks great. Let me know how it works out. I've never actually used one except for a brief stint a few years ago on that F-27. They seem to be an excellent alternative to propane and CNG. Great choice.

Sven

Seglare
Hi Lew,

I'll send our address via PM to keep you from rediscovering what you have in your piles. Make sure to read the issue before sending it to us as there is absolutely no hurry whatsoever.

The Origo really is nice. It couldn't be much simpler and is probably safer than anything other than a diesel stove. The CNG stove was probably as safe but the fuel was $30-60 per tube and you can't get the tubes or re-fills in most parts of the world. I hear that alcohol fuel is also hard to get in the Caribbean so we'll have to stock up if we decide to go through there. The heat output isn't an issue for the two burners but is a bit low for the oven. I think we cooked the chicken in 1 hr and 40 minutes and it came out really evenly done but we were hard pressed to really get it browned as the temp seemed to top out at 300º f with boiling water/broth in the pan.

Thanks,

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
I should also have mentioned that this forum was properly mentioned as a great resource in the review.

-Sven