E38 AC Panel

juneausailin

Member II
Hi all, so all the switches on my AC panel are coroded... time to replace.. Anyone gone through this as of yet have some good advice? Prolly should just replace the whole panel but not likely to find one to fit the current cutout.... could replace individual switches but that could be exciting too.... Is it possible to get an off the shelf panel that would fit to replace the E38 AC panel?

Thanks in advance,
david

stbdtack

Member III
Hey David, I rewired my 38 and replaced the panel with Blue Sea stock panels. Their stuff is primo in my opinion. Backlit labels are sweet in the dark.... Can send a picture if you like....

ben

juneausailin

Member II
pix

Stbdtack, yes please if its not a hassle. So the blue sea panel fit right in? What model number was it?Gracias.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Consider this, how often do you use the AC panel? I use mine for "outlets", "waterheater" and "battery charger". Luckily the wiring and switches in my E38 are decent but the switch/CB's are readily available. I reworked most of my DC panel and the switch/CB's are standard Blue Seas product available at any WM, etc. A new panel is nice but if you're not rewiring, new switches may be cheaper and easier. RT

juneausailin

Member II
switches

Looking at the back of current panel, doesn't appear to be breakers unless they are built in to the switches themselves... sound right?