E35-2 Bimini or T-top?

steven

Sustaining Member
Looking at a sun protection options for skipper's well on E35-2. Typically, this would be a Bimini behind the traveler. But I'm wondering if a T-top would be better - instead of mounting to the stern rail, I'd use a beefy riser port and starb. bolted to the deck. Has anyone seen or have an opinion. I'm concerned about both functionality and aesthetics.

thanks

--Steve

Dave N

Member III
dreamweaver (800x720).jpgDSC01059 (800x451).jpg

Here are a couple photos of ours. The second image shows the four simple attachment points. It also has a piece that zips to the dodger and the aft piece for dockside comfort. We have a couple of small and narrow windows in the top which allow a view of main sail trim.

Last edited:

steven

Sustaining Member
Dave,

thanks. that looks really good. It appears that there is no forward strap - is that right?

Dave N

Member III
IMG_0464_crop.jpgIMG_20110825_142112 (397x800).jpgSan Diego 8 - 2011 388bB (1280x939).jpgSan Diego 8 - 2011 393blite (800x600).jpg
That is right, no straps. The fabric has a zipper from the backstay forward and one of the overhead rails sits against the backstay and is attached to it. The first image gives a better view of the rails. The 2nd shows the piece attached to the bimini and dodger. The 3rd permits a peek at the windows in the top. Sorry I don't have any better pics. If you are interested, I'd be happy to take pics and supply dimensions when we launch in the spring, right now it is all taken down.

DSC01304 (1024x768).jpg

The last image clearly shows the four attachment points.

mediabeach

E35 - Mark II 1977
Where to buy a bimini and dodger for an E35-2 ?

Can you let us know where you ordered your bimini?
Also, what is a good source for a dodger?
Thanks,
Dan