E27 Spinnaker

Ian

Member II
I wish to put a spinnaker on my 1972 E27.
Right now, I have a jib on a roller furling, and obviously the main.
Is there room for a third halyard for the spinnaker or how does it work?
Help

ref_123

Member III
Spinnaker

Hi there,

I am in pretty much the same predicament :). The choice depends on what you want to do. If you plan to race, the setup will be relatively complex and expensive. Personally, I want to improve my downwind crusing performance. I checked my options, and the easiest way that I found is to go for a cruising spinnaker (asymmetrical one). In order to fly it, you just need one additional halyard. And you probably already have a sheave for it on your mast.

I probably will go with UK Sails and their "Flasher" and "Stasher", which is a combination of a gennaker and a sock. Not very good for racing, but easy on a short-handed crew. Check their website - they have a lot of information on it: http://www.uksailmakers.com/flasher.html

Regards,
Stan

Ian

Member II
Thanks Stan,
This looks perfect! I am mainly a cruiser trying to squeeze a few more knots out.
Is your boat a E27 too? In which case, can you give me the various measurements, approx price etc?
Thanks
Ian

Seth

Sustaining Partner
I can give you specific info on locating the halyard, and a great deal on whatever sail you need-probably a cruising spinnaker.

Please email me direcetly.

Cheers