E27 reviewed in latest (Sept/Oct '08) Good Old Boat...

eMKay

They forgot to mention the glassed hull to deck joint, whicj is a huge selling point. And the interior pictures are not very good (they don't show the very roomy salon) but overall it's a good review. I did not know there were a bunch of different engines available, I thought most came with A-4's. This boat is still at the top of my list for my next boat.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Wow, another E-27 review on GOB, they just did one about a year ago. They featured a 1978 with wheel steering. Do you know what year this article reviewed?

I got my E-27 as a Repo boat about 8 years ago with no history. Mine came with a Yanmar 1GM10 that was not even available when my boat was built in 1973. I would love to know what the original engine was in my boat. I don't think it was a A-4 because I don't have all the engine instruments on the panel as is onboard most E-27's with A-4's I have seen.

Brad Graves

Rudder stuck

boat is still in water, there is not a quadrant on my 78 E-27.........there are no horizontal anything that would inhibit the removal.......but the deck plate will not budge.....previous owners have said that they had them R and post drop out once the tiller was removed........