E-380 cushions for sale

vbenn

Member III
We are redecorating a 1997 E-380 - this is a Pacific Seacraft model - - hull #22. Original cushions are standard dark blue polyester material (same as in the brochure) and are in excellent shape although foam needs replacement due to mold infiltration.

Anyone interested should contact me at (267)767-8717 or vbenn@comcast.net

Vince Benn
"Wild Blue"

Roger Ware

Member III
curious

Vince - I am curious - you say the foam is rotten but the fabric is excellent? This seems a bit odd. Since I have an E38 200 I wonder if your cushions would fit - do you know if the interior layout changed at all when PS built the 380?

Thanks a lot
Roger Ware
Kingston, ON

vbenn

Member III
e380 cushions

Foam isn't rotten. It's intact and functional, but lightly stained with mold/mildew.

The fabric is in great shape - - very little wear.

Can't comment on the 38-200 layout, but if you look at the PSC E-380brochure, you'll be able to determine if it's the same. My cushions match those in the brochure.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Fabric could indeed be fine

FWIW dept:
When we bought our boat, one of the first things we had to tackle was moldy and mildewed cushions. The covers were in good shape physically, but the foam was both flat and full of black mold. :boohoo:

We tried washing the foam, but it was a waste of time for multiple reasons.
So we took off the covers and laundered them in a combination of mild soap, a little bleach, and warm water. Three times. That got rid of 98% of the smell and they were still intact and looked great. (There was only one that was visibly worn enough to need outright replacement, and that was the nav seat, and it was replaced. Remaining odor was ousted with some ozinator treatments.

With new hi-density foam (2.6) and then having that wrapped in dacron fluffy material, the re-stuffing was a great success. That was ten years ago and they still sit and sleep without bottoming out.
Buttons on the settee seat backs were re-tufted, of course, also.

New zipper pulls were fitted to replace the originals -- most of them transmorgified into lumps of oxidized aluminum...
:(

Loren
1988 Olson 34

vbenn

Member III
Just discarded all the foam and washed the covers which look like new. Anyone interested?

Vince
"Wild Blue"
1997 E-380 #22

Roger Ware

Member III
How much?

Hi - just wondered how much you are asking for them? I am really only interested in the main cabin cushions (covers) - my forecabin has a custom mattress which wouldnt fit your covers and my aft cabin mattress is not worth recovering.

Thanks, Roger

Roger Ware, Kingston, ON

vbenn

Member III
$50./cover. There are 11 in the main salon, including the filler that covers the table when converting the table to a sleeping berth. $500 for all 11.

Vince