E 34-2 keel fairingkin

Stickman

I am a new member and have found this site very valuable. I purchased a 34-2 which was owned by a past member who contributed greatly to posts. ( sailingdeacon). Reading all of his posts helped me learn much about my boat.

I am am interested in fairing the keel and saw a template kit online for an Ericson 35-3. The specs are similar and phrf identical. Anyone have any insight if their keels would be similar?

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I am a new member and have found this site very valuable. I purchased a 34-2 which was owned by a past member who contributed greatly to posts. ( sailingdeacon). Reading all of his posts helped me learn much about my boat.

I am am interested in fairing the keel and saw a template kit online for an Ericson 35-3. The specs are similar and phrf identical. Anyone have any insight if their keels would be similar?

Welcome to EY.org.

The principle differences between the 2 boats are the E-35-3's stern was modified to add the aft cabin and the totally different interior layout. I would be amazed if there was any difference in the keels. That said, there are some people on this site that were at the plant when these boats were built and hopefully they will chime in.

FWIW, Ericson referred to the E-34 without the "-2" or "-200". The previous 34s were E-34T and E34R which were IOR designs built 10 years earlier in the late 70s. The "- #"s usage comes from people copying the designations from other Ericson boats that had different vintages and/or layouts.