E-33RH for sale

CSMcKillip

I had asked Joe about information on his boat, it is brokered so I would conact the broker if anyone is interested.

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/17403

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...9&authkey=Gv1sRgCNCewdvy8KKyswE&feat=email

Here is a list of what I have done and what needs to done
Plus an inventory of stuff.
Theres is a lot of info on the Ericson website.

Lucid Dreams is a fractional (7/8ths) rig Ericson 33 designed by Ron Holland, She rates 135 PHRF on Lake Norman. She is 33'6" LOA 26'10" LWL, 11'2" Beam, and 5' 11 "Draft. Being a fractional rig, the oversized mainsail is the main driving force on the boat. All Halyards are led aft to the companionway, and are color coded. The main and genoa haylard were replaced in 2003 and I installed a cleat on the mast for ease of single handling. I removed the backstay rod and replaced with coated vectran with a 12:1 purchase. The toppping lift was removed and installed a rigid boom vang. I also replaced the forstay last year with a Harken tuff luff and new rod.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The engine is a Universal 21 hp Diesel. To start the engine first make sure that the battery switch below decks at the chart table is set on either batt. 1, batt.2 or both batteries. (There is also a 3rd battery just for cranking the engine. All 3 are gell and new as of last year.) Then go up to the steering wheel and see the engine control panel on the port side. Hold the spring loaded glow plug switch for a count of about 10 and crank the engine by turning the key. The engine will start instantly. If it doesn't use the glow plug switch again for another count, then start the engine. Once the engine starts push the red handle on the starboard side of the pedestal foreword to increase the speed of the engine, With the higher RPM the alternator will start to charge. You will know when the alternator is charging because the tach. and the amp meter will be working. The black handle on the port side is the gear shift, it can be moved forward or back when the engine is at slow speed, to engage the propeller. The propeller is a Martec, folding design. When shifting into forward or reverse you will hear a thud from under the boat, this is the Martec propeller opening up, this is normal. The engine burns very little fuel, about a liter an hour. It was motored about 80% of the way to Bermuda in 1994 and only used 22 gallons. To turn the engine off pull the knob under the control panel. The engine will stop. Then turn of the key switch. Do not turn of the key or the main battery switch with the engine running, this could damage the alternator.

* * * * * * * * * * * Equipment list for Lucid Dreams
Ericson 33 Hull No. 14 Built in 1982
Aside form standing rod rigging the boat includes the following parts.
Sails; I have them stored in a storage unit and curently have 15 sails.
Most are original with little or no use.
Light # 1 Genoa Medium # 1 Genoa Heavy # 1 Genoa Heavy # 1 Genoa
# 2 Genoa # 2 Genoa # 3 Jib
Staysail
2 Tri-radial Spinakers* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * &am p;am p;nb sp;* * * * * * * Main (Dracron w/3 reef points)
Main (Niel Pryde mylar/ kevlar) 2005
#1 Neil Pryde mylar/kevlar 2005
150% 1.9 oz. Mylar/Dacron 150% Mongoose Kevlar 150% 3.8 Oz. Mylar /Kevlar 150% Kevlar
135% Mylar Kevlar Roller furl 125% 4.9 oz. Mylar /Dacron 110% 4.9 oz. Mylar/Dacron 100% 7 oz. Dacron
1 . 90z Mylar/Dacron .75 oz.
1.5 oz.
Heavy Dacron Heavy Dacron Mylar /Kevlar
Spinaker pole and gen pole, new light weight and heavy spin sheets, new downhaul and topping lift
All blocks at mast replaced, new turning blocks and spin blocks (harken)
All rope clutches replaced
Winch Handles
2- 10" Barient single grip self locking
1- 8" Elstrom single grip self locking 2-10" Composite light weight, Floating
* * * * 9 Barient* Winches* * * *
2 Barient 27 Jib sheet or Spinnaker sheet & Guy
2 Barient 25A Running Backstays or Spinnaker sheet & guy 4 Barient 18s Atop cabin for halyards and lifts and guys
1 Barient 10 In front of hatch for main sail control lines, reefs, outhaul, etc.
Adler Barber Refrigeration
Nexus 3000 lnst. Package
42" Steering Wheel
Spectra Running Backstays
Coated Vectran Running Back Stays
Stainless Steel Stern Ladder*
Martec Folding Propeller (rebuilt in 2003 when drive shaft* and bearing were replaced)
All new life lines in 1996
Off Shore Ocean Survey
Dead lights for off shore
EPIRB
DeHumitifier
All zippers work in headliners.
All cabin lights replaced
New head
All port lights removed adne rebedded with new tinted glass
MB Quartz speakers w/100 watt amp.
VHF and marine radio/cdplayer
New cushions and fabric
cockpit cushions
10 Mae west life jackets, horse shoe ring
Pressure hot/cold water* to head/shower and kitchen sink
bilge pumps 1 manual and 1 automatic with float switch, 1 whale gusher manual bilge and a whale gusher manual for holding tank
44 gallon water rank, 40 gallon fuel tank and 20 gallon holding tank
The hull and bottom were repainted in 2002 with Emron green paint/baltiplate* and the bottom was repainted againg in 2006
Universal Diesel Engine 21 HP Removed and painted in 1996
Rebuilt Hurth Transmission 50 HP Model
Extra Large Fuel Filter
Delco Remy Alternator
New Injectors (3)
New Engine Oil Pan
New exhaust riser
To do list:
The wood at mast step is a little rotten.
The refridgerater is not cooling as well as I would like.
The bottom could use a fresh coat.
I know there is more but this is a start.
As I said I have tinkered on this boat since I have had her.
I promise you once you have sailed her you will love it.
Its the most balanced boat I have ever sailed.
But now I'm racing a J80 and can't afford two boats.
Thanks
Joe

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Moved post...

It seems best to have the "for sale" notice in the forum where more folks will see it.
I dragged the picture off of the listing to here also, and that Ericson's a beauty.

Best,
Loren

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: