E-32 Bow configuration ?’S

fixntheboat

Member II
I’m in refit mode..I’ve removed old fittings and lights, filled holes and placed g10 on deck where new windless will go. Now to figure placement and configuration of lewmar v700 , a bit/bollard, or cleat, line chocks ,anchor roller, plus anchor, and a down pipe. Currently only item I have is new windless and rode. ugh!
This is a project ,as not one fitting is on this boat.. lights are moving to the pulpit ._storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Messages_IMG_20230912_134356_01.jpeg
Looking for insight / photos or thoughts…the scribbles are wher the pulpit bases go,, so a bow roller will go somewhere between with some modification…
Ideas,? Photo ? Any great suggestions on what to do…Thanks All!
_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Messages_IMG_20230912_134355_01.jpeg

jtsai

Member III
Position/angle the anchor roller so it is not directly under the roller furling drum. My 15 kg Rocna with curved shank scrapes the bottom of the furling drum at deployment and retrieval.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I think with such a blank slate to work with I'd plan on a custom welded anchor roller assembly specifically designed for one of the new anchors. I'd try to include in the design an anchor point for a gennaker or other asymm.

It would take some thought, but you're not stuck with the one-piece forestay tang/anchor roller of later E32s, which doesn't accept newer shanks very well. Or old plows, either.

I would expect to modify the legs of the bow pulpit later, as necessary, which isn't hard for a tubing fabricator to do.

Bow roller.jpg