e 32 2

PDX

Member III
I tried googling SF Bay PHRF ratings and they didn't have the E32-2 listed.

There is an E32-2, "Windjunkee," sails out of Redondo I think. He has posted his handicap at 180 under SoCal PHRF. That boat is really tricked out for racing with a modified rudder. A stock E32-2 I'm guessing would be somewhere in the upper 180s.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One small data point

One of the few PHRF organizations that lists their Base Ratings online is New England. They show it as 174.
Local raters, even for well-established designs with a lot of hulls built, can often have varying differences.
(Just one more reason to like and promote one design racing, IMHO.)

Loren

ps: here's another listing, with allowances for non-fllying sails boats as well.
http://www.ecsa.net/PHRF/BaseBoatRatings

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for the link Loren. Wow 253 for an Ericson 27 inboard, maybe I should start racing Lotus Flower ;-)

windjunkee

Member III
Voice of Reason rates 180 in our area, off wind and buoy. We didn't get a hit for modifying the rudder or adding the hydraulic backstay adjustor.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason, E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Matey

Member III
Mine rates 186 with a less than 110% headsail and non folding prop. If I didn't race spinnaker I could get 3 sec for an above the deck furler.
One Design racing ? I'd love to have 4 other 32-2's to race .. but that ain't happening

Regards, Greg