E-28 diesel universal

rpm

Member II
I parked in a slip all this year and can’t start the original M12 for the first time ever. It cranks with the batteries fine but won’t catch. I even get a small bit of cooling water out the transom. I think it’s lack of fuel, in which case, where is the condensate drain?

Attachments

• D1D1C915-6959-4B47-B15E-C7A49946EA0A.jpeg
    D1D1C915-6959-4B47-B15E-C7A49946EA0A.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 10

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
This isn't an answer to your question, but simply a caution: If you have been cranking the engine without it starting, be sure to drain your lift muffler! You don't want to hydrolock the engine. Then you'll have much worse problems than simply tracing down the (likely) fuel problem that is keeping you from starting.

Reactions: rpm

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
This isn't an answer to your question, but simply a caution: If you have been cranking the engine without it starting, be sure to drain your lift muffler! You don't want to hydrolock the engine. Then you'll have much worse problems than simply tracing down the (likely) fuel problem that is keeping you from starting.
BTW: The lift muffler almost certainly has some kind of removable drain plug/petcock. Just drain the water into the bilge and let your bilge pump take care of it.

Brad Johnson

Member III
can’t start the original M12
Has it started at all this year?? have you tried to blend the fuel system up to the injectors??, This happened to a friends Yanmar GM1 and it turned out to be a exhaust valve that was corroded and not sealing properly.