E 27 or 28 in surf?

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
We sometimes get breaking waves across our harbor entrance (Santa Cruz). I feel like such a baby :).

Sven

Seglare
No PFDs ?

We don't wear PFDs all the time, but we do at night and when going on deck when it is rough. I am pretty sure we would have worn them in this case :confused:

-Sven

tooblaaave

Member I
Eeeeeee gad

I have an E27 I too am more than glad I do not have to preform Bat Man like actions to get out to go sailing, I hve a hard enough time when the wind gets above 15kts. I am a novice, O well.

bayhoss

Member III
E27 or 28 in surf

Got to be a 27, the 28 is a fractional rig. And, I'll wager with anyone that the words "hold on" didn't really need to be spoken. I don't know what I would have had my hands on, but I would have left hand prints in it!

Best,
Frank
E28+ Valinor

tooblaaave

Member I
reef for life

:rolleyes:I have gotten very good at reeffing. Often I start with one In If it looks reefy time. I am also putting my 110 on and taking my 130 off this time of year. It is good to know ones limits.:egrin:

FullTilt E28

Member III
My cousin has an office window with that view. He says the local sailors are pretty good at getting out and back in when the surf gets rough. That was a wednesday night beer can race. I think its a e27 from what I was told in another thread.

Andrew Means

Member III
That's awesome - good time to have kept the inboard... our E27 has an outboard and that would have been out of the water pretty quick!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Just thought I'd bring this thread back. I love the commentary in the video that started this thread :).