E 27 Hatchs For Sale

Capt. Max

Member II
I made this sliding hatch for my E27.
I can make more.
Im thinking $1000. unvarnished.
I might have more pics somewhere, I will look.

Attachments

• 2010 245 small.JPG
    2010 245 small.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 653

Capt. Max

Member II
More pics

Found a couple more pics.
I also made a front hatch to match.

Attachments

• 2010 343 small.JPG
    2010 343 small.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 2010 344 small.JPG
    2010 344 small.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 97

TikiSkip

Looks Good

Can you make hatches for other Ericson's or other sailboats? I just revarnished my E25 hatch, but know of others who's hatches are SHOT.

Scott Abbott

Member III
Still making hatches?

I made this sliding hatch for my E27.
I can make more.
Im thinking $1000. unvarnished.
I might have more pics somewhere, I will look.

I have a 1976 Ericson 27 that needs all hatches replaced. I am in Charlottesville, VA... boat is located on the Rappahannock River in Virginia.

Scott Abbott

Member III
Serious about the sliding hatch cover

I am making the other two hatch covers and ordering 1/2" 'smoke' acylic to secure to the frames. I am serious about the sliding hatch... might be more that I can do well without a lot of trial and error. What would your 'absolute' price be? The hatch looks great, but I am not sure I would swing the $1000 given I have some other pressing needs, like a new GPS etc. Let me know... certainly keep you on my list of options in the next couple of months. Just trying to manage getting her back on the water in April from Annapolis, MD. Thanks!

Capt. Max

Member II
If You are serious I would have to check the lumber prices. They are high. its possible that it could be 500 in wood.
Im not sure yet though. Do you have a preference of wood. Mine are Spanish cedar.Teak is high.
Let me know and I will look into it. I also have to caulk the ship laps of the boards and that costs a little bit that I have figured into the price. I might be able to come down a little but I am not sure yet Its a tricky hatch to build.

wheelsbykc

Front Hatch for E29

Here is the front hatch I made for my E29 for $280.00 in wood and hardwear.
First photo is the original 40 year old hatch.
I really love the clear plexiglass. I can lay on the v birth at anchor and watch the stars .

CIMG0137.jpgCIMG0122.jpgCIMG0123.jpgCIMG0125.jpg

Last edited:

bill nixon

Beautiful!

But I wish someone would cast one in fiberglass so I could maybe afford one. Covered mine with white rubber roofing material, getting by...