Guest viewing is limited
  • Untitled Document

Join us on May 31st, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

May Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-27 companion way hatch

Hobbster

I will mold a hatch out of fiberglass if I could get a commitment of at least 4 hatches sold. The hatch would be molded to have the teak deck boards installed on top or a polycarbinite insert that would let in light.

I am rebuilding my teak hatch now. I can build a new teak hatch for $875.00, The fiberglass hatch would be $525 with the poly insert and 675.00 for the teak deck boards on top. Delevery of either would be around 4-6 weeks. After doing all of the work in teak, I wish that I would of just molded the hatch out of fiberglass. It would look good, retain the teak top and cut down on maintance. If interested, drop me a line at srssystems@coastalnet.com

Hobbster

Jim:

I could make one for your E-29. I would need an old hatch to use for a pattern. It could be made from teak or fiberglass.

Glen

Ray Hughes

Member I
Companionway hatch on E-29

The teak veneer on the top of the hatch of my E-29 has to be replaced. You mentioned a plastic option that would allow light into the cabin area. What would the minimum thickness be, and what would you recommend as to product/ manufacturer?

Hobbster

Hatch

A fiberglass hatch would have to be molded and a polycarbonate insert could be installed that would allow light to enter. The thickness would be 3/8". This would allow the hatch to hold up to foot trafic without a problem.

I will post a picture of my new teak hatch in about another week.

Keep in mind that I would need at laset an order of 4 fiberglass hatches to cover the molding cost.

Glen