Down in the dumps

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Nothing like spending hours washing, compounding and waxing your boat to a brilliant white/oyster, only to have it used as target practice from above. When the hell does purple berry eating season end for birds in the Northeast?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds similar to our problem with ripening wild blackberries around here. Birds love 'em, and then pass them right thru and .... out....
:(

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Bird poo on a newly washed boat? That’s nothing! We spent two nights at Harrington Harbor Marina (on the Chesapeake Bay) recently and the morning we were to leave I went topside to check the boat out for sailing and check on the inflatable dinghy tied to the stern so that…….WAIT, WHAT IS THAT IN THE DINGHY?!! Maryland has lots and lots of ducks and they will often find it fun to fly into an unattended dinghy and make it their home for the night. They also think it’s great fun to relive themselves there too. It looked like a cow with a lower intestinal problem had spent the night in our dinghy. It was…everywhere. Luckily it was a wet dewy morning and it hadn’t dried up yet from the sun so…well you know where I’m going with this. We hoisted the dinghy, carefully, halfway up along the hull with the spinnaker halyard keeping the bottom against the hull, and then spent the next fifteen minutes hosing it out. That was followed up with a good dose of “Roll-Off” and a bit of scrubbing. I hope that they never get the idea of sleeping and, you know, in our cockpit. :mad:

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Bird poo on a newly washed boat? That’s nothing! We spent two nights at Harrington Harbor Marina (on the Chesapeake Bay) recently and the morning we were to leave I went topside to check the boat out for sailing and check on the inflatable dinghy tied to the stern so that…….WAIT, WHAT IS THAT IN THE DINGHY?!! Maryland has lots and lots of ducks and they will often find it fun to fly into an unattended dinghy and make it their home for the night. They also think it’s great fun to relive themselves there too. It looked like a cow with a lower intestinal problem had spent the night in our dinghy. It was…everywhere. Luckily it was a wet dewy morning and it hadn’t dried up yet from the sun so…well you know where I’m going with this. We hoisted the dinghy, carefully, halfway up along the hull with the spinnaker halyard keeping the bottom against the hull, and then spent the next fifteen minutes hosing it out. That was followed up with a good dose of “Roll-Off” and a bit of scrubbing. I hope that they never get the idea of sleeping and, you know, in our cockpit. :mad:
OK, OK...you win! :)