Dodger for E-35 MK III

barrett

My wife and I take possession of a 1987 E-35, MK III this Friday. Expect wind/waves/cold temperatures in the Northern California locale where we will sail. Thus, thinking about getting a dodger. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get. No local firms do this type of work, so a company that has done similar work, and that would presumably have the needed measurements, would be great.

Jeff Barrett

Ray Rhode

Member III
Jeff,

I am investigating the same subject. Just checked with www.islandnauticalcanvas.com. They advertise in Cruising World and are located it NY. They claim to have patterns for 850 boats. Their prices range from about $1000 to $1300. I have a friend with a 32 and the dodger frame fits very nicely on my 35 so I may try to duplicate the frame and have a local canvas shop do the cover.

Ray

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
My dodger came from Island Nautical and is great. Since my boat is near its shop on City Island, NY, IN installed it for me. Not sure how that works for Left Coast boats. Spend the extra money and get a SS frame instead of aluminum.