Documentation

amadon light

Member II
I ve got documented uscg certificate in po name ,can it be transfered to me and if so how ,,also any idea of the cost ???

Guy Stevens

NOt only can it be transfered it MUST be

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvdc/

Go here and start the process.. If the boat is documented it has to be transferred, to you... The process is very simple, and indeed should have already been done, if you purchased the boat without the documentation being transferred then technically you don't own the boat.

Did you fill out the back of the documentation as proof of sale?

I think that you are looking at about $84.00

SurabyaKid

Member III
I think the boat can be sold and ownership transfered without the Certificate of Documentation being signed over if there is a notarized bill of sale.

Either one is required to get the CG to issue a new certificate and it is required to apply for the new certificate in a reasonably prompt manner.

Pat

amadon light

Member II
Guy heres the deal ,it s a single sided copy blank on the back when i tried to research the document @ the uscg site i come up empty ,,,its dated nov.21,92 so im not sure it was ever kept current after that ,,but it is a dept.of transp.uscg.cg-1270(rev.10-87) form with the uscg seal ,,signed by document officer e.c.kirby,,,so im at a loss as what to do next mabe call the no. Listed @ the site you provided to pursue that route also it states it was issued at san fransisco and so there you have it ty for the info so far.... Loyd engle

Guy Stevens

hmmm

Call the office on the web page, and they will tell you what to do. This is generally a pretty easy process, and is worth doing.

Guy
:)

SeaRogue

Member II
Lloyd,

The form you want is CG-1258. It is used to transfer the documentation, and/or change the name of the vessel. You will also need a bill of sale, or the endorsement of the seller on the back of the current documentation certificate. You can download CG-1258 from the coast guard website. You fill it out and send it in along with your $84. and bill of sale. There is a CG form for the bill of sale as well.

The present version of CG-1258 is rev 06/04. The is a proposed version as of 7/09 which has not yet been adopted as far as I know.

Here is the link to the forms you will need, both CG-1258 and the bill of sale form, CG-1340.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg5/nvdc/nvdcforms.asp

Last edited:

SurabyaKid

Member III
Out of curiosity I checked the CG names registry for "Amadon Light" and found 4 boats (No Ericsons)...2 in Hi, 1 in Ca and 1 in RI. I'm wondering if the boat was dropped from the registry because of the age of the certificate without renewals or possibly under another name?

Pat

amadon light

Member II
knot sure

as i said the document is dated nov.21,1992 and i am not sure it was kept current so alas i dig further on into the abiss of GOV. yada yada yada also as i said before ISNT BOATING FUN lolololol no really laugh out loud also thanks for all assistance from all of you it really is a huge assistance