Dinghy Tow

lbertran

Member III
I've just purchased a used Dinghy Tow system for our boat. It's an alternative to davits which tows the the dinghy backwards while raising the stern out of the water. The seller included installation instructions and a jumble of parts with no parts diagram. It would be tremendously helpful to see an installed system either in person or in photos. Can anyone steer me in that direction? Many thanks!

Last edited:

lbertran

Member III
Hi, Loren, yes that's the product. As you can see from the web site, the pictures are not very close or detailed. If you know of anyone who has one I'd love to pick their brain. Thanks!

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Instruction Sheets

Laura: Not meaning to be a wise guy, but sometimes the obvious eludes us.......

They give you an email address, and I feel certain that the request for installation instructions, along with the offer of willing to pay a reasonable amount for the printing...copying costs....postage etc..... they might be forthcoming with what you need......
FWIW

Good Luck

Teranodon

Member III
There are some videos on Youtube. Just do a search on "Dinghy Tow". Some people sailing in Taiwan have posted (user "SV Polya").

Please let us know whether/how this device works.

lbertran

Member III
You Tube

Thanks, Stefan. I'll search for the videos today. I had already contacted the manufacturer and obtained the latest manuals but the product documentation lacks some detail. Though after reading the install manual a couple of times, it's starting to make sense to me. I'll definitely update here on how it all works out.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks, Stefan. I'll search for the videos today. I had already contacted the manufacturer and obtained the latest manuals but the product documentation lacks some detail. Though after reading the install manual a couple of times, it's starting to make sense to me. I'll definitely update here on how it all works out.

I wonder if you can enlarge the video some and then take some stills from it to better ID bits and pieces in use?

Loren

lbertran

Member III
Video Stills

Hi, Loren. I was able to stop the video to see a the attachment points in more detail. Coupled with a re-reading of the manual, I think I have it figured out. It's pretty simple really but I initially found a box full of parts a bit confusing. I will document my installation as well as I can and post it here for future seekers. Thanks to all,

SAM

"Nauti Jo"
Is your boat for sale?

Dear Laura,
I understand that you may be planning on selling your boat and moving up. If so please give me a call at 410-284-1548.
If you are the wrong Laura please excuse me and this email.
Sincerely,
Sam
Nauti Jo
1990 E28