Difference between the 1978 E25 and the E25+?

txboatlady

Can someone please tell me if by the hull numbers, you can determine which your boat is. E25 or E25+. A few years ago, someone wrote, if she had 6window lights, 3 each port and starboard, it was a 25+ as the plain E25 had only set of 2. Sure would appreciate some clarification. Thanks.:confused:

sleather

Sustaining Member
I, Ii, + ?

According to a printout I have(from the site) the E25 I was hull #1-#384(1972-1978)

The E25 II(+?) was #501-#693(1979-1984)

Hope that helps!:egrin:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
E-25-----e-25+

Txboatlady-
This is what I know, the 25' started out as a centerboard boat that was 8' of beam. In 78 they put a full keel on the same hull as the centerboard model.

The E-25+ is a complete different hull, more beam, cabin layout is different. They added a quarter berth on the starboard side. Added more standing room and slight changes to the v-berth. Inboard engines were standard. Bow pulpit and push pits are different. The 25+ is pretty visually different.

If the tan and orange 25' that I see is for sale in Texas is yours, its not a
E-25+. The windows I believe were added to the later year 25's as standard. I hope this helps you out. Rob Hessenius

P.S- If thats your boat or you are thinking about buying it, she looks like a good one!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I think the 25 has a transom hung rudder and the 25+ has a spade rudder.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
All correct

As noted, there are many diffrerences between the 2 models.

The quick and easy method from a distance is that the old 25's are masthead rigged with outrboard rudders, and the 25+ and later 26 are frac rigs with inboard rudders.
Cheers,
S